Thursday, September 13, 2012

Back to School 2012


Thank you to all the parents who visited our classroom on Thursday's Back to School Night.  This is always a busy, but exciting time of year and I hope I was able to answer all of your questions about the year going forward.  I believe I have edited the movie from tonight appropriately so that it can be displayed on the blog later this evening.  

There were a few things I forgot or that came to light tonight that I would like to pass on.  I forgot to bring up the class trip we will be having on OCTOBER 4th.  Students will be going to Johnson's Corner Farm to harvest apples and pumpkins while also exploring their hands-on Discovery Barnyard.  This year's 2nd grade field trip aligns wonderfully with the district's Common Core Science curriculum.     The biggest difference from trips in the past is that this is very early in the school year for us.  Please return permission slips and admission money as soon as possible.  You can also be on the lookout for chaperone signup forms in late September.  Each class will take three chaperones.  Membership to the PTO has been a prerequisite for chaperoning in the past. 

Here is a link to Project OREO, which I spoke about tonight.  We will begin collecting bags of OREOs next week and I hope to complete this collaborative project Friday, September 21st.  It will increase our understanding of estimation and graphing, while also making us part of a nationwide project.  This is my 3rd year participating in Project OREO.  

It was wonderful to meet everyone tonight!

-Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...